2.14.2008

#6: A SHORT PLAY WRITTEN HASTILY


(Lights up. We're on top of the Eiffel Tower. Or maybe the leaning Tower of Pisa. Or perhaps on the Hindenburg.)

BETSY: O, I wish they didn't lock me in this foyer... with all this sweetmeat... they promised I'd be on the two-dollar bill if I ate it all.
DOCTOR: Betsy? Betsy Ross?? Well, I'll be damned, is that you?
BETSY: I ate too much! Way too much!
DOCTOR: (with severe urgency) Too much what Betsy? Way too much what?
BETSY: Chocolate.

(Pause.)

DOCTOR: Oh Silly Betsy! Some things never change!

(Crazy Tableau!! "Carmina Burana" plays, breaking the tableau. BETSY eats an extraordinary amount of chocolate things for five minutes, maybe six. The DOCTOR shakes his head disapprovingly. For one slight moment, he nods with support; then he begins to cry.)

BLACKOUT

No comments: