2.25.2008

#17: PLAYLESS TITLES

(The PLAYWRIGHT is asleep at his desk. BETSY jumps out from behind the curtains and wakes him up with her scolding.)

BETSY: What's with all the titles and pictures and no plays you lazy ass?
PLAYWRIGHT: What? Oh, I've been busy...
BETSY: You've got more excuses than the Pilgrims had turkeys!
PLAYWRIGHT: That's pretty generic for a supposedly stinging insult.
BETSY: You're the writer. Don't blame me.
PLAYWRIGHT: Look, I'll make some plays. I swear. Then this play won't even make any sense as there will be no Playless Titles.
BETSY: You bore me.
PLAYWRIGHT: Tomorrow night. I swear Betsy.
BETSY: You have more false promises than Ben Franklin has kites.
PLAYWRIGHT: That didn't even happen yet. And he probably only has one kite. It's a lame joke.
BETSY: Well, you didn't happen yet and you're a lame joke - so there.
PLAYWRIGHT: Look, I'll do a play every day. Only three people are reading my blog anyway so who cares?
BETSY: That's three too many with the shit you're pulling here.
PLAYWRIGHT: Betsy, that's just cruel.
BETSY: You have more complaints than Paris Hilton has drunken hookups.
PLAYWRIGHT: Okay, that definitely didn't happen yet.
BETSY: It will. Clean up your act Campbell or I'll clean it up for you.

BLACKOUT

1 comment:

Julie Baber said...

God. I LOVE Betsy as inspired by Julie Baber.

If anyone is reading both of our blogs they will begin to become suspicious as to why you and I are the epitome of fail at the same times.

The jig is up.